A 11th century ruined Moorish castle sits on top of the highest mountain in the area that provide sensational views of the coast and Mediterranean.
Monte Mayor is like a hidden secret or undiscovered corner of southern Spain. It’s like being in the remote mountains, very quiet and peaceful, surrounded by pine trees and forests, when actually you are a few minutes from the coast and cosmopolitan city of Marbella.
We understand a Russian businessman has bought the golf course that was allowed to run down and is in the process of renewing and renovating it maybe to include not only a first class course but also a luxury clubhouse and restaurant, an equestrian centre, spa, and tennis club. When it’s finished this will be reflected in the an uplift of prices in the area.
Plots of land for sale Monte Mayor, Benahavis, Marbella
We have spent some time researching plots for sale at Monte Mayor, Benahavis, Marbella. The plots are very spacious and it’s a low density estate and they have mains services. They are also very affordable… at the moment. Contact us for an update.
Restaurants near Monte Mayor, Benahavis, Marbella
This area is with the municipality of Benahavis and only about 20 minutes drive from Benahavis village. The foodies Mecca of Andalucia, Benahavis has an abundance of first class restaurants. It’s probably best to park outside the village and walk in.
- Amanhavis Hotel & Restaurant
- Flor de Lis: Galician and Mediterranean seafood stunning views
- La Torre: Tapas seafood good wine
- Los Abanicos: Mediterranea and International
- Los Faroles: one of the oldest and one of the best signature dishes are ternera en salsa (beef in sauce a typical Spanish dish) and pepper chicken
- Restaurante Eugenio Las Canas: Mediterranean, Spanish and vegetarian
- La Escalera: notable selected menu available on a terrace
- Rufinos: popular and good value for money
- All-in-1 Café: healthy and organic ingredients
- El Castillo
- El Molino: dinner only signature dishes include Beef Wellington
- Amigos: international including Argentinian, French and Japanese on a lovely terrace
Golf near Monte Mayor, Benahavis, Marbella
- Club de Golf El Higueral BENAHAVIS picturesque 9 hole course
- Los Arqueros Golf & Country Club BENAHAVIS 18 hole course designed by Seve Bllesteros, etiquette and dress code important
- Los Almendros Golf 9 holes, spectacular views
- Club de Campo La Zagaleta BENAHAVIS two beautiful 18 hole courses
- Los Flamingos Golf