LET'S GET STARTED!
You’ve got your land or...
…you have identified land you are thinking of buying then we meet you there without charge. We will provide you with:
- An evaluation of the plot and its suitability for what you want to build. We comment on size, borders, access, orientation, aspect, and topography. We can even spend an afternoon with you and look at several plots in order to compare them.
- Confirmation of the planning regulations that relate to the plot (for urban land) and comparison to your vision.
- A development appraisal spreadsheet that gives detailed cost estimates of every cost item including taxes and professional fees. We expect to adjust this with you to arrive at a point where you are comfortable with the figures and we think they are feasible. If you are buying land you can also use this spreadsheet to negotiate the right price.
Everything you might need to confidently make the “buy” decision.
MAYBE THE SITUATION ISNT STRAIGHTFORWARD
You need paid-for support: surveys, costs, valuations, planning issues resolved
We offer paid-for support for anyone thinking of buying a plot or a renovation project where there are uncertainties about costs for whatever reason or you are not able to meet us in person.
We cost this support package when we understand what the issues are, where the project is. and we have discussed it with you. The fee will probably be a few hundred euros and would be discounted from our first invoice if you buy the property and decide to move forwards with us.
It can include the following:
- Physical inspection of the plot or renovation project and an evaluation of its suitability for what you want to build. We comment on size, borders, access, orientation, aspect, and topography. We can connect with you by video call while you are there and discuss any elements of interest.
- A market study of similar plots or villas in the area. This is a spreadsheet comparing 10 to 20 similar properties that are for sale with comments on each one to put the plot you are interested in, and the asking price, in a market context.
- Confirmation of the planning regulations that relate to the plot. If necessary we can meet the local planning officer to clarify any uncertainty.
- A development appraisal spreadsheet that gives detailed cost estimates of every item including taxes and professional fees. We expect to adjust this with you to arrive at a point where you are comfortable with the figures and we think they are feasible. You can also use this spreadsheet to negotiate the right price for your plot.
- Access to the real detailed costs of recent projects we have completed so you get a really good idea what you can get for your money. Exchange of ideas and photos to advise you whether your budget is realistic for what you want to build.
- Advice on whether or not you need a geotechnical or topographical survey before buying and if you do we can organise that for you and evaluate the reports.
JUST WHAT IS POSSIBLE?
Maybe you are at an early stage in your journey
Please get in touch. We are happy to share what we know. Maybe you’ve got an amount you might spend in your head but no-idea what you can get for that money. We can help you with that and also with………………
- Advice on how to look for land, how to engage estate agents, how to set your budget, how the planning system works, what you can get for your money.
- We can introduce you to trusted estate agents and we may even know about suitable land that is for sale.
- Comment on estate agents details of land you are interested in buying.
- Show you how to use the catastral website which is a really useful tool.
A STORY OF LIFESTYLE TRANSFORMATION
Let me tell you a story
There once was a couple from Northern Europe who wanted to build a villa in Spain. They loved the climate, the food, the friendly host culture, the beautiful countryside and beaches and they had visited Spain many times. They knew there was a better, healthier, more comfortable way of living to be found in Spain if they could only find the right home. The problem was that with every villa they looked at the build quality was poor, the layout old fashioned, and it all seemed to be quite expensive for what you got.
So they decided to build their own villa and have it designed exactly as they wanted. They aimed to transform their lifestyle, lower their carbon footprint, and maybe make some money too.
Now, while they had a fairly clear vision of where they were going, the journey in front of them, between where they were and where they wanted to be, seemed full of uncertainty and hazards. How much money should they spend? How could they find out what quality of home they could buy for their money? What if they bought some land or a renovation project and then couldn’t get planning permission? How did the planning system in Spain work? How long would it all take? How could they cope with the heavy bureaucracy? How could they avoid rogue professionals? How would they manage the design and build process from afar?
Then, just like in the movies, along came Eco Vida Homes ( …..well what did you expect us to say?! ) and everything changed. Eco Vida Homes offered to be their guide from start to finish. Eco Vida Homes was able to show them a clear route from the beginning of their journey, around all the hazards, to arrive at their vision safe and sound. More importantly Eco Vida Homes, who knew the territory well and had made the journey hundreds of times, would come with them on their journey to be their guide and support.
In the end their lifestyle was transformed. The best part was the outside spaces: dining al fresco in the shade, with the children in the pool, looking out over the views and enjoying the sunshine and views of the mountains and the Mediterranean. Inside the villa was comfortable and energy efficient with lots of natural light and shared and private spaces. They enjoyed many years of holidays with their family and eventually retired to the sunshine to pass their time strolling along the beaches and entertaining their friends.
Send us your vision statement
This is going to help us evaluate your situation so we can best advise you and it may help you clarify your thinking. If you dont like filling in forms on -line just make an appointment or tell us all about it by email.
- If you own your land or have identified some land you want to buy
- If you are actively looking to buy land
- If you have a renovation project to be evaluated
After you have submitted your vision statement schedule an appointment with John Wolfendale to take the next step.