We believe that everyone should have a thoughtfully designed, energy efficient, home.
We also believe that the home building industry in Spain simply isn’t responding to the needs of the Northern European who wants to build a home in Spain.
“If you want a smart looking home, with modern layout, which is comfortable and energy efficient, you have to build your own because there are hardly any there.”
We are a team of architects, surveyors and contractors, with a reach across most of Spain, who are committed to high ethical standards.
We apply a consistent methodology across all our projects. We have unique way of charging that means you pay lower professional fees.
We operate under the leadership of John Wolfendale. John is a British Chartered Surveyor with 30 years’ experience living and working in Spain. Before that he spent ten years in the commercial property investment market in London working for Postel (now Hermes), Chartwell Land (Kingfisher) and later in Madrid for Continente (Promodes).
It’s simple. You are the hero of the story not us. You are the one with the vision to transform your lifestyle and who may not be able to see a clear pathway to complete this journey from where you are now.
We are your expert guide who can show you that clear pathway from where you are now to attain that vision. We are with you all the way helping you make informed decisions and navigate any hazards.
You are the one whose lifestyle is transformed by this journey.
Our Mission: to make your experience of building a villa in Spain a safe and enjoyable one.
Here are our brand promises:
- We’ve got your back. The business environment in Spain is different Eco Vida Homes is your guide on your journey of building a villa in Spain. We’re seasoned professionals and have done it hundreds of times before, with many architectural projects in Marbella and beyond under our belt. We know where the hazards are and have a method for avoiding them. Take a look at what our clients say about us.
- Your vision inspires the design We design. You decide. It’s a collaboration. After all, this is not just about designing and building a villa in Spain – it’s about lifestyle transformation. Many of our clients are themselves architects or professionals in the property industry. They know that what they need is someone who gets it and who cares. Our job is to make YOUR vision a reality.
- You’re in charge of the costs: We have a method for staying on budget. Ask us for our guidelines on how to calculate your back-of-the-envelope costs for building a house in Spain (based on real-world projects by expert architects in the Costa Del Sol and nationwide). We have a METHOD for staying on budget
- You lower your carbon footprint All our buildings are energy certificate A. We take advantage of the beautiful climate in the Costa Del Sol, Costa Blanca, Costa de la Luz, Costa Tropical, Madrid (wherever your dream villa in Spain might be). Your energy-efficient home is also more comfortable, more valuable, and has lower running costs.
We grew out of Andalusia where we have projects between Salobreña in the East to Sotogrande in the West. That’s the Costa Tropical, Costa del Sol and Costa de la Luz, Marbella, Benahavis, Estepona, Sotogrande, Nueva Andalucia, Elviria, Mijas, Fuengirola, Malaga, Rincon de la Victoria
We have a strong team on the Costa Blanca (Valencia to Alicante): Cullera, Denia, Javea, Altea, Benidorm
We have a strong team in the North of Spain the Costa Brava and the Costa Dorada and a fourth in Madrid where we have a fabulous project.
For clients who qualify we provide an architect’s evaluation of your land and a development appraisal spreadsheet. This development appraisal will help you understand what you can get for your money and set a budget. You can also use it to negotiate the right price for the land. It provides you with a complete list of all costs so there are no nasty surprises later. We use it together to talk through all the estimated costs and the process from start to finish. We only proceed when you are comfortable with the numbers and we believe they are realistic.
For prospective clients who qualify we provide access to real costs of real costs. These are on our website behind a password to protect our client’s privacy. This is very valuable because you can see a breakdown of all costs and calibrate your own budget against these real figures. If you would like to see the examples of real projects with real costs please first complete a Client Vision Statement by clicking on one of the 3 links below. Then schedule a free 30 minute video consultation with John Wolfendale.
This is going to help us evaluate your situation so we can best advise you and it may help you clarify your thinking.
- If you own your land or have identified some land you want to buy
- If you are actively looking to buy land
- If you have a renovation project to be evaluated
After you have submitted your vision statement schedule an appointment with John Wolfendale to take the next step.