We believe that everyone should have a thoughtfully designed, energy efficient, home.
We also believe that the home building industry in Spain simply isn’t responding to the needs of the Northern European who wants to build a home in Spain.
“If you want a smart looking home, with modern layout, which is comfortable and energy efficient, you have to build your own because there are hardly any there.”
We have thought hard about what our clients are looking for from a company like ours and we have developed a unique business model that addresses the 4 key needs of our clients.
- Stylish beautiful homes designed for Mediterranean living: The gorgeous climate allows the outside living spaces to blend with the inside. We believe spaces should flow together and improve your way of living. We like to create moods for different moments of the day. Ask to see examples of our finished projects.
- We are Fiercely Independent:We act only for you. We have no conflicting loyalties with local suppliers or contractors: no back handers and no commissions. We only take money from you to advise you. We are regulated by the RICS of London that require impeccable ethical standards from their members: – Read Here
- A Wrap Around Service: We are meticulous about the mastery of detail on site. We deal with all aspects of the fastidious bureaucracy, the mains service providers, and whatever problem might arise. You get the peace of mind that comes with a single point of contact, the assurance of a reliable and clearly articulated schedule, and the confidence that your project is being thoughtfully managed. Ask to see testimonials from grateful clients.
“It’s like Grand Designs only without the drama”
- The Most Competitive Prices: All projects are sent out to an open and transparent tender and our building team compete in that process so you can compare prices and be confident you are getting the best value for money.
- Our plots are focused on the Costa del Sol and the Costa Tropical between
Cádiz through Estepona and Marbella, El Rosario, Benhavis, Guadalmina, Nueva Andalucia and east to Elviria, Mijas, Malaga, Nerja and Salobreña
- We also build inland.
- If you have a plot then we can build you a home anywhere in Spain.
- We offer a single point of contact throughout your journey with us and that is John Wolfendale
- The first face to face meeting will most likely be at your plot or some land you are thinking of buying. If you are ready to move to Step 2 the first meeting will be on site with our architectural team as they work with you to conceptualize the best home for your land.
- We don’t run an office in Marbella quite simply because it would be an unnecessary expense. We are a lean organisation and we keep costs down so we are price competitive. Most of the time we are out and about supervising works and meeting clients.
- We like to meet you on site where we can discuss your home’s orientation……. what the view might be at breakfast, vehicular access, neighbours and so on.
- If you like we can meet by appointment at our offices in Granada C / San Anton 72, Planta 4, Oficina 8, Granada. However as we have projects between Salobreña and Sotogrande we can always arrange to meet you in Marbella if not at a plot then in a suitable place.
- Meetings can be in English or in Spanish
- We may make notes at our meeting, and ask for your confirmation in writing that you agree them, for clarity and confidence.
Our team has an impeccable reputation for honesty, commitment, and hard work. We can show you the glowing testimonials we have received from delighted clients, the homes we have built, and how much they cost. Please contact us for these details that we keep restricted to maintain privacy of our clients.
Eco Vida Homes is an integrated team of professionals: architects, surveyors, and builders and includes amongst others:
- Domingo Cardenas Muela: Registered Architect.
- Alba Jimenez Herraiz: Registered Arquitect
- Fran Chacon Martinez: Technical Arquitect and Contractor
- John Wolfendale: Chartered Surveyor
Each member of our team is regulated by their respective professional bodies. Our architects, engineers and builders all individually carry professional indemnity insurance.
Our charges are demonstrably better value than those you will find elsewhere.
In addition we make a personal commitment to act always, and advise you, in your best interests.
We offer architectural, project management, and building services, from Cádiz to Salobreña including Marbella and the Costa del Sol.
John Wolfendale is your primary contact in the team. He is a British qualified Chartered Surveyor with over 23 years professional experience in southern Spain.
John graduated in Land Economy from Magdalene College Cambridge, in 1984. Before moving to Spain he had a successful career in the commercial property investment market in London, and later Madrid working with Postel (now Hermes), Chartwell Land (Kingfisher) and Continente (Promodes).
John has prepared a course in Sustainable Development in conjunction with Bayfield Training aimed at the London Commercial Property Market. http://www.bayfieldtraining.com/
Your big question at the beginning is how much will it all cost and what do I get for my money?
Many people in the industry discuss the cost of building a house as if they were buying apples at the grocery store….this much per square metre or that much. This is a gross over simplification because there are some big uncertainties that can only be resolved when we get started such as:
- The topography of your site: is it flat or on a slope?
- The condition of the subsoil: how strong do the foundations need to be?
- Landscaping and swimming pool: pergolas, terraced outside spaces, changing rooms, the paving round the pool, the pool itself, can vary greatly.
- Finishes: windows, floors, doors, etc. can vary enormously in quality and cost.
So this is how we solve the problem:
- We show you examples and costs of projects that have been completed by our team (see below).
- We meet on site to discuss any particular issues that may apply to your site.
- Our building team, that have an intimate knowledge of how much things costs are involved from the outset, meeting you to discuss the costs and benefits of different options before you spend a lot of money on architectural fees.
- We are systematic in getting you the answers you need to make informed decisions. We are careful to manage your expectations correctly.
- We ask you for and we commit to work within a budget that you, once you are informed, set us.
To discuss how much it may cost set up an appointment with John Wolfendale.
We can show you a range of villas that have been built buy our team for example in Benahavis Madroñal Marbella, Guadalmina, Marbella, Nueva Andalucia Marbella, Iznajar, and Salobreña and other locations.
We don’t publish these projects on our website because our clients have specifically asked us to preserve their privacy. However, they do allow us to show the examples to serious clients that are ready to move forward so that we can show case our work so please dont hesitate to ask.
Call us to discuss how much your project might cost +34 958 990 964
Inside Outside Living
We’ve all come to Spain to enjoy the fabulous weather. The air is healthy and clean and the views inspiring. That’s why we consider the outside to be as important as the inside because that is where you will spend a lot of time dining, cooking, and relaxing. We create inside outside spaces where you can enjoy the lovely climate.
A Space for Each Moment of the Day
We like to create spaces for different moods at different times of the day: sunrise at breakfast, a drink at sundown, and spaces for reading, relaxing, and conversation.
Our homes are open and airy with tall ceilings, lots of natural light, spacious and balanced ventilation.
Many of our clients from northern Europe like a large open plan living space with tall ceilings, which makes the best of the views and the terraces and garden, for cooking, living and dining. This is often missing in Spanish designs where the kitchen is in a separate room and little thought is given to the ergonomics of the spaces.
We like to introduce soft, stylish textures to create a sense of well being and warm atmosphere. We find many Spanish designs have predominately cold hard surfaces.
Our Homes Cost Less to Run
Your heating cooling and water costs will be between 40% and 60% less in one of our homes compared to a conventional home in Spain.
Our Homes are Worth More
Studies show that people will pay 20% more or over for an “eco home”
Our standard home should get Energy Certificate C or B.
Our Homes are Future Proof
As the effects of climate change become ever more startling government and EU regulations are getting tighter. From 2019 all new builds have to be carbon zero. Market values will reflect the extent to which your home complies. A significant financial investment should be future proofed.
The build costs are the same as a conventional build of the same quality
We solve all problems from one source
- All licences and permissions and bureaucracy
We simplify the whole process. You deal with one integrated team.
Comfort & Health:
There’s nothing quite like being warmed by radiant under floor heating. It’s like being warmed by the sun and quite different from other forms of heating your home. All the surfaces in the house radiant the correct temperature.
Good sound insulation, external walls, internal walls, and windows make your home a calm place to live and be respectful of each other’s privacy.
A healthy home is a happy home. We design for healthy internal air conditions free from mould, dust bites, and toxic materials which aggravate allergies.
We can install smart meters which ensure your home is always at the right humidity and temperature for you.
We design for energy efficiency. This includes the careful orientation of the rooms, window placement, and shading to maximise solar gains in winter and minimise them in summer.
We use high performance insulation and windows and make sure there are no thermal bridges to keep your home warm in winter and cool in summer.
We favour the use of locally sourced sustainable materials which are renewable, recyclable, easy to maintain, and long lasting. We offer renewable energy systems.
John Wolfendale of Eco Vida Homes has written a course in Sustainable Development in collaboration with the leading training company Bayfield Training aimed at the international commercial property industry.